Proksa Park, the largest in the Park District, is a beloved community hub, offering a wide array of amenities and features. It caters to a variety of interests with its versatile Proksa Activity Center, offices, preschool classroom, tennis courts, baseball diamonds, children's garden, Baldwin Playground Area, picnic groves, and serene ponds and creek. It's a cherished destination for residents and visitors alike.
Proksa Park, the largest park in the Park District, is a true gem with a wide range of amenities and features. It's a community hub that caters to diverse interests and needs, making it a cherished destination for both residents and visitors alike:
- Proksa Activity Center: The Proksa Activity Center is the heart of the park, a versatile facility available for rentals. It hosts a wide array of events, including weddings, parties, and community gatherings. The center is a hub for social activities and serves as a dynamic venue for celebrations of all kinds.
- Offices: Proksa Park is home to our recreation offices, where the dedicated staff of the Park District work diligently to ensure the park runs smoothly, and its programs and facilities are well-maintained. Visitors can stop by these offices for information, rentals, and to sign up for programs.
- Tennis Courts: Tennis enthusiasts can enjoy three well-maintained, lighted tennis courts. Whether you're a seasoned player or a beginner looking to learn the game, these courts offer a fantastic opportunity to get active and work on your skills. Also, we have lined up one of the tennis courts so that you can also enjoy Pickleball at Proksa Park!
- Baseball Diamonds: Proksa Park boasts two lighted baseball diamonds. These fields provide the perfect setting for baseball and softball games, tournaments, and practices, making them a favorite destination for sports enthusiasts and local teams.
- Children's Garden: The children's garden is a whimsical and educational space where kids can explore and connect with nature. It's a delightful area filled with vibrant flowers and spaces designed to engage young minds in the wonders of the natural world.
- Baldwin Playground Area: The Baldwin Playground Area is a vibrant and exciting play space for children. Equipped with a variety of swings, slides, climbing structures, and more, it's the perfect place for kids to burn off some energy and engage in imaginative play.
- Picnic Groves: Proksa Park provides three picturesque picnic groves, where families and friends can gather for outdoor meals, social gatherings, or simply to enjoy a leisurely day out in the fresh air. These shaded areas offer a serene setting for picnics and relaxation.
- Ponds and Creek: The park is blessed with the presence of two serene ponds, reflecting the sky and surrounding greenery. A meandering creek adds to the park's natural charm, providing a soothing backdrop for peaceful walks and moments of reflection.
Proksa Park is not just a park; it's a vibrant community center where people of all ages come together to engage in sports, recreation, education, and the simple pleasures of spending time in a beautiful natural setting. With its diverse amenities and inviting atmosphere, Proksa Park stands as a testament to the power of public spaces to enhance the quality of life for a community and foster a sense of togetherness. It's a place where memories are made, and connections are forged, making it an indispensable asset to the local community.
Proksa Park Picnic Information
Picnic permits can be obtained at the Proksa Park Activity Center. Proof of residency is required upon time of application. Full payment due upon time of booking. Picnic permits are available from the first weekend in May through the last weekend in September.
|Non- Resident Fee
|# of Guests
|Proksa Picnic Grove A
|Proksa Picnic Grove B
|Proksa Picnic Grove C
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
3:00 PM - 7:00 PM
If interested in renting this location, please fill out the application labeled Outdoor Rentals linked below and email it to email@example.com. An employee will respond to your inquiry in 2-3 business days.
Proksa Park Facility Rentals
The Proksa Park Activity Center’s Multi-Purpose Room is available for rental to public and private groups and businesses. This room is available on a first come, first serve basis. The room seats up to 70 people, air conditioning, street parking, kitchenette, and access to park grounds. Room rentals are coordinated through the Proksa Park Activity Center and are subject to availability. A 50% deposit is required upon application and the balance is due no later than two weeks before the rental date. A room cannot be held unless a deposit has been paid. Please contact the Park District in advance for all Room Rentals.
First 2 Hours: $175
Each Additional Hour: $75
First 2 Hours: $200
Each Additional Hour: $100
All special additions to your rental such as a DJ must provide a certificate of insurance. For non-district residents or other fees or to check availability, please call the Proksa Park Activity Center at 708-795-2892.
If interested in renting this facility, please fill out the application labeled Indoor Rentals linked below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. An employee will respond to your inquiry in 2-3 business days.
Proksa Park Ball Field Rentals
Ballfield Rental Rate: $50R/$60NR per hour (+$25/hr light fee)
For more information on rates and available times to rent the Proksa Park ball fields, please contact the Proksa Park Activity Center at 708-795-2892. We will be happy to help answer your questions.
If interested in renting the baseball field(s), please fill out the application labeled Outdoor Rentals linked below and email it to email@example.com. An employee will respond to your inquiry in 2-3 business days.
Proksa Park Community Garden
The Community Garden is a wonderful way to meet new people and grow a garden when you may not have the space of your own. We are happy to provide this to our residents who have experienced great growing seasons! Garden beds are available for use for a $30/$60 fee at Proksa Park. Each garden bed rental lasts for one season, April through September. If you tended a garden the previous season, you will receive first priority the following year. However, by March 15th, unreserved beds will be made available to other community members, who may choose any bed they want for a fee. Limit two (2) garden beds per person.
Fee: $30 per bed